Xcom 2 is about to hit the shelves this February 5, and as the sequel to the 2012 remake of his fabulous franchise. Here’s a few things you need to know before it hits the shelves;
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7, 64-bit.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Graphics: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better.
- DirectX: Version 11.
- Storage: 45 GB available space.
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card.
Does’t sound too beefy. Of course having the recommended specs would render the action sequences mid-combat as awesome since there’s melee now in the game.
The Story so Far…
We lost. Plain and simple. The pure humans who haven’t fallen sway to our new alien overlords have been reduced to a group of rebels fighting a losing war of occupation of earth. The rest of the human race is undergoing a full assimilation into alien culture with a little help of their mind control ethereals. Xcom 2 promises a fast pace sequel to Xcom with this installment to the francise.
What to look forward to
- The overwatch camera angle is awesome. It brings in a new depth to sitting in wait to frag some alien butt.
- Firaxis made sure to go overboard on details (graphical and gameplay wise).
- Soldier customization is now more detailed than ever.
- Fire can now spread and blow up parts of the environments like cars, tankers and fuel depos.
- Item drops are now part of combat. If you want something really good, you might need to loot bodies that would otherwise leave your soldiers exposed.
- Navigating a battle map is now more dangerous. Expect to run into hidden enemies when placing those snipers or support soldiers.
- Did i say there’s more detailed melee combat now? Well it deserved a second mention!
Here’s some tasty videos from the publisher 2k and developer Firaxis;
If you can’t wait like me, you can grab a pre-order on steam and count the seconds as we near February 5 2016. Hopefully we don’t get invaded by real aliens till we get some practice.