The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 does take the cake for best possible laptop replacement out there. Based from the specs and performance, Microsoft outdid itself with the 4th generation of Surface Pro. I’ve had the privilege to use varied laptop devices out there but this one takes the cake. From its previous successor the Surface Pro 3, you can see that all Microsoft focused on were refinements of an already great design. So here are a few pro’s and cons to this i7 256GB version of the Surface Pro 4;
- Really thin. And i mean THIN!
- Device feels liberating being able to have a full operating system and not just a limited spec tablet device.
- Surface Pen is beautiful. From how its constructed up to how it interacts with the screen.
- With Office 360, you will be FULLY mobile with that 1TB of cloud storage.
- Battery life is more similar to an actual laptop. Pretty sure its got the same battery life as a Macbook air. Clocked about 4 hours on each device with heavy use.
- The magnesium finish is just to die for.
- Rear stand can withstand abuse. It won’t feel loose-tread unless you broke the actual hinge.
- Can play games! like Xbox One compatible games!
- Seamless switching between horizontal and tablet mode.
- Special mention goes to the Microsoft Support Team who helped me get it working to top shape.
- Limited amount of peripherals (then again you don’t really need them with this baby).
- Some out of the box errors on the system. (Thank God the Microsoft Support team is up to spec). They got me up and running with the right settings quick!
Microsoft Did it Right!
All in all the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i7 is really the right one! Just the right amount of power, battery life, and sexiness to boot!
Surface pro in review was a 256 GB 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 with 8 GB of RAM.
If you want a more in-depth review, checkout TechnoBuffalo’s Review!